Monday, September 24, 2012

TheBump.com fail

I used to love those weekly updates about how Korbin was developing inside me. Then we lost him and the updates just broke my heart. I still have the 24week update, but no others. I stopped the emails and everything a few weeks after losing him.
Last week I was checking my hotmail junk account and was shocked to see a 40week you've-hit-your-dye-date update. My hotmail account has never been used for thebump.com...for anything ever. Only my gmail account. I thought it must be junk mail, cruel and oddly timed junk mail that is. Until yesterday I received an update about my one week old baby. I haven't really broken down in a while, but last night I pretty much cried myself to sleep. Thank you, thebump.com, for the cruel message that only reminds of the emptiness I am feeling in my life now. I'd say something to them, but I can't bring myself to open the emails or go to their website to say anything. It's too painful. Do they search for people who turn off the email updates? See if there's a different way to reach them? I'd love to happily receive those, but reality proves I can't.
As hard as life is at times, I know that deep down I need to not get so upset because I got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment