Saturday, September 8, 2012

Molly Bears

So, it's the little things in life to get excited about now. And they all revolve around Korbin and memorializing him. At support group this week I learned of Molly Bears and am excited to get ours in the next 3-4 months or so. Basically, a mom lost her baby whom she had named Molly. A close friend gave her family a teddy bear that weighed 3lbs. She decided she wanted the bear to weigh as much as her Molly did and so she added rice to match her weight exactly. The birth of Molly Bears. This bear was so soothing to her that she decided to devote a portion of each paycheck to making one bear for a family who has just lost their baby. Demand has grown so much, I think just by word of mouth and support groups, that she now has the non-profit Molly Bears and is in multiple states. And I think she started here in Washington state.
Anyway, I'm registered now, but we can't add our names to the list to receive one until September 30th. Registration is only open once a month. I'm really glad I heard of this and am excited to register for our bear. We get to customize him too! It will be really nice to cuddle the bear just the way I had hoped to cuddle Korbin. Because I still got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment