Friday, September 28, 2012

Piece of him

This is totally fascinating to my scientific mind and my broken heart.
I keep telling myself how Korbin's footprints are the only thing I have left of him physically, but as it turns out his cells are still living within me! I saw this Journal article today about how male only fetal cells actually insert themselves into a mother's brain during pregnancy, causing a type of chimerism. It has a lot of implications for disease, but really it soothes my heart somewhat in a weird psychological way. I can say I carry a piece of him with me for the rest of my life. The rest of it doesn't really matter to me, honestly. Just knowing he's with me more than just spiritually is awesome enough. And at this point I just latch onto anything that makes my broken heart feel a little less so broken, so I'll just focus on that.
Feeling a little bit more okay right now, I got a lotta love to give.

1 comment: