Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Painful Reminder

Today we received a care package from Similac full of formula for the new mother at our home. It's really not Similac's fault. I threw away the paperwork for removing us from all mailing lists (even those beside pregnancy/baby stuff) thinking that I never really registered for anything like that, so no one should have my info.
But they have it, along with Carter's and Shutterfly and even Gerber. I immediately felt felt a mixture of anger and pain. But quickly switched those emotions to one of compassion, thinking that somebody out there actually does need this. I posted it, asking if anyone needs it or knows someone who does. No one seemed to catch onto my passive-aggressive this sucks that I got this in the mail now attitude, until one friend suggested I donate it in honor of Korbin's memory, despite how awful it must be to receive such a package right now. How beautiful. And I so appreciate her taking note of the pain associated with this.
It feels really good inside to do this, something I haven't felt much lately. So I'm slowly starting to refocus my energy from anger and pain to love and giving. Because I got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment