Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Our Korbin Bear

He's here! And he turned out perfectly. When ordering our bear we could choose an unembellished bear, which is basically just a weighted bear, or you can tell them special things that mean a lot to you and would be nice to have represented on your bear. For us, I needed some sort of race car theme on our bear as the nursery was about to be decked out in anything race car related. I also asked that a heart with a K be on our bear. One thing they weren't able to do, which is totally fine, was to put a zipper pouch in the back of our bear that Korbin's urn could fit into. Some mothers in support group have that and I thought it was pretty cool. I also didn't want a colored bear, like blue or green. I just don't like those personally.
Opening the box I had no idea what to expect, and I have to say I was totally shocked at how heavy 1lb8oz is. I assumed it wouldn't feel like anything, but it definitely has weight. I let Ryan look over our bear, and he gave his seal of approval. He can be so picky.
I held our bear on my lap, sitting upright, and it actually was soothing. I don't remember how Korbin's weight felt because of all the pain meds I was on immediately after surgery.
It's moments like these, receiving such a special gift from an amazing group, that I tend to go numb. I wonder if I'll cry, expect myself to, but I just kind of shut down for a moment. I guess it's easier than to let all the emotion out so suddenly. But it definitely feels good to have our Korbin bear at home. And it makes me want to donate more to Molly Bears so others who can't afford to bump themselves to the front of the line can get their bears sooner too. Because I got a lotta love to give.




1 comment:

  1. The bear turned out so well! I'm so glad you were able to get one!

    ReplyDelete