Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A stocking for Korbin

I knew I wanted an ornament for him, my little baby angel. But until Ryan mentioned it, it had never occurred to me to make a stocking for Korbin. And now that I've finished it, I see it would have felt so empty without it.
We went to Michaels to get a similar base stocking, the puffy paint (which apparently is no longer called puffy paint as the girl who helped me had no idea what I was talking about...), and a little doodad to sew onto it. When I made Ry's and my stockings seven years ago, I did the same thing, but this time I asked Ryan to pick out any charm he wanted for Korbin's stocking. And he found a perfect little car charm.
As much as I at first thought, 'why would we do a stocking? Is that weird? Will people think we're crazy?' It felt so good to put it all together in the same style as our other stockings. It fits, and most certainly has a place amongst the others. It was ridiculous of me to think otherwise. As a friend at work put it today, this is our first Christmas WITH Korbin. Last year we had no idea we were going to have him, or even that I was pregnant. This year he became a part of our family.
I think of Korbin every day. And with these thoughts, I got a lotta love to give.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful. You could fill it with notes of love every year.

    ReplyDelete