Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas is...

Overwhelming to say the least. I thought I was holding up okay, not too emotional. But the past few days I haven't had energy to do much except sit on the couch with the TV on and Pinterest up on my iPad. The tears have come more frequently again. And then today a succession of beautiful gifts and poems just really tugged at my heart. I tried to get pictures of them all, but some are hard to read.
First I saw this poem, the first picture below, posted by the Molly Bears Facebook group and really struggled to not burst into tears.
The next one that you see is from my youngest brother Jack, who was so excited for me to open my present. It's a locket that can be engraved as well.
Then my dad and stepmom gave us a globe that says: 'If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again.' Good grief it brings me to tears just typing it out, and I broke down in front of everyone when I first opened it.
Next you see the ornament my sister and her husband found for us. I just really love the note to Korbin from them. And she wrote his name on the ornament so I am hoping the engraver can use that as a guide when we have it engraved.
Lastly, I made ornaments for us and our family. I couldn't find an angel ornament perfect enough so I came up with the K with angel wings instead.
I'm emotional right now. But we are so surrounded by love, thankfully. A few others have done things to remember Korbin as well. From including him in a Christmas wish to showing us how he was included in a memorial tree. I'm so grateful for those who have remembered him with us. Because we will certainly never forget the tiny life he had with us.
I got a lotta love to give.









1 comment:

  1. What lovely gifts your family gave you. That locket is beautiful, and that snow globe is amazing.

    ReplyDelete