Saturday, October 6, 2012

When will you try again?

I get asked this all the time. It doesn't exactly bother me, but it makes me wonder how open we'll be next time around. I mean, we didn't tell people we were trying before. And we didn't really tell people I was pregnant until I was at least 12weeks along. Ry has even asked if I will post up ultrasound pictures on Facebook next time. And in group, all of the moms pretty much agree it's bad karma to post them up. We're all very bitter.
But will I really want to hide it? And with all of the new issues we'll be facing next time around, will I be able to not blog about it here? I actually am leaning toward wanting to be completely open and honest about all of it when it happens. It's what I strive to do with this blog in the first place. Trying again will be joyful, but scary at the same time. And I think I want to record it all. I will want the joy and excitement of our next baby just as much as I wanted it with Korbin. And sharing it, while not doing so may be a way of protecting ourselves from possible pain again, will help me deal with my new anxieties that I know I'll have next time around.
This topic of timing is still a sore subject between Ryan and me. He says it is unfair to push him too much too soon when he's really not ready. On the flip side, it's equally unfair of him to ask me to just sit around and wait. And wait and wait and wait. I feel like we're putting life on hold, our family on hold. While he sees that we're still doing and accomplishing a lot right now. It's the reason I'm sure that we didn't speak to each other much this past week, except when we were fighting. (We've made up now, but we know the road is still a bumpy one.)
Only time will tell how things unfold. In the meantime, I got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment