Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Korbin's Star

The head lady at Boys and Girls Club (where I volunteered/tutored up until Korbin was born), Elana, has been telling me they have something for me and so I need to stop by. For whatever reason I've had trouble going back. There aren't babies there, and the last time I ran into the kids they were just amazing. So why do I stay away? Maybe it's because it's just hard to jump back into things, so I've been slowly doing more and more. And probably also because work has kept me so busy lately. Who knows.
So I finally stopped by today, and I am so glad I did. Elana handed me the box and I knew what it was before even opening it. I felt stunned and just stood there holding it, and awkwardly Elana finally told me I can open it so I did.
And it's perfect. A star named for Korbin, right next to Gemini, which Korbin was, having been born June 1st. I had thought about it, especially since I have one from Ry and my mom. (Now Ry just needs one; someday....)
This was just so thoughtful, and they are such wonderful people there. I think I will go back. Not right this week. But soon. I am so thankful to have them in my life.
And because I got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment