Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today one of the docs I work with grabbed my hand and pulled me into an ultrasound room to see what I was having. I was about 18weeks, and it was her way of showing her excitement for me. I so wanted to know, but also desperately wanted to find out with Ryan.
So we made a deal, the ultrasound tech would take a picture of Baby Love, write on it boy or girl, place this into an envelope and hand that sealed envelope to me. Ry wanted a girl, I wanted a boy. When we opened the envelope before heading to our first Bumps and Babies fair, I couldn't stop grinning, Ryan just said, 'oh.' At the fair, I excitedly started piling up all the cutest boys clothes I could find. Suddenly, Ry looked up at me, his eyes huge, and said grinning, 'we can get a race care bed!'
Ah, such happy moments. Wondering about the future, I do get a bit excited. Fleeting moments. I want to look forward to all of that again, no matter how guarded I'll be with my excitement.
Because I got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment