Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Milk and cookies

So, this little nightly tradition started with Ryan's craving for Oreos when I was pregnant last year. We were at Costco and he just kept asking me, 'do you want Oreos? Should we find Oreos?' Finally I said, 'well you obviously want some, so let's get some!' The box we got lasted forever it seemed. But, and this may sound gross but I promise it's not too bad, the last few are in the cupboard in the kitchen still, wrapped up in their plastic case.
There's a part of me that still holds so tightly to that part of being pregnant. The little things we started doing that came to such an abrupt halt.
We bought some Oreos last week, and when we finished them Ry looked at me and said, 'we need to get some more.' I suggested the Costco pack. It's actually really nice to bring such a silly little tradition back. It's bittersweet, but I do enjoy it; a happy memory of being pregnant. And since we're out of Oreos I baked some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Just some sweets for my sweet, even though that sounds just so corny!
I got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment