Monday, January 13, 2014

25 Weeks

Wow. I still can't believe we're this far now. Part of me is relieved, and yet I am still paranoid. Did I just have a Braxton hicks contraction? Was it more? Should I call my OB? What's my cervix doing? Am I doing too much? Should I just keep going? Still so much to get through!
I did post a huge milestone on Facebook yesterday:


24w6d!
There's a mix of emotions in reaching this point. I mean, it actually shocked me that I felt even the slightest bit excited when I woke up this morning. Seriously though, 25 weeks is completely new territory for me, for us. And yet at the same time I just don't know what to expect. There's still at least nine weeks to get through. But then again, each day past 24w5d is a jump (even if small) in the odds of survival of our second little guy. And that's something I have to focus on now. Literally taking things one day at a time, because I just don't know what's next. We're still being monitored for so many things that completely freak me out when I start to think about them and question statistics and what the next steps may be. I just need some positive, some hope, some faith, right now. And there's just so much positive in waking up each day still pregnant.
Because we got a lotta love to give.

1 comment: