Friday, July 12, 2013

On top of the world!


Today we hiked, and conquered, Mt Si. A hike I've been wanting to do for quite some time but we've stayed away from as it is a bit daunting. Roughly 4000 feet elevation gain in only 4 miles! We were definitely not in the best shape for this hike, but we did it! And it was such a great feeling when we reached the top and finally took a few minutes to enjoy the amazing views.



It really was a fantastic hike, and a great accomplishment for us to achieve together. I really do enjoy hiking, especially with Ryan. There is something about communing with nature together and witnessing the beautiful world around us that reminds me how amazing the universe is and that we really need to enjoy it while we still can. 
"Life is an occasion. Rise to it." I'm definitely putting more effort into rising to the occasion that is my life. Putting my phone down more often. Reading good books. Gardening. Relaxing with Ryan. I need to do those things for me, and to keep going in life too. Thankfully I can enjoy them so that my time doesn't feel wasted. But this doesn't mean my heart hurts any less, or that I'm suddenly perfectly fine with the life Ry and I have to live now. I almost cried on the drive home today thinking how amazing it would have been to have Korbin strapped to my back for today's hike. What an amazing accomplishment it would have been!
I got a lotta love to give.


No comments:

Post a Comment