Saturday, March 8, 2014

What are you doing down there?!?

With all the stress and anxiety and fear that we've been dealing, there thankfully have been numerous moments. There are parts of pregnancy that no one tells you about, but are really quite funny when they happen. And I find them even funnier when I actually tell someone about these little occurrences.
First, the cervix punches. This is not an exaggeration. At around 14 or 16 weeks I asked my OB about some rather painful sudden twinges in my cervix. I was concerned as we just don't know if my cervix is an issue or not. The only way to describe the pain was to say that it felt like he was punching my cervix. My OB smiled, and said that's exactly what he's doing. What? Sure enough, when we checked my cervix on ultrasound, he swung his arm up and over his head and bam! Punched me right in the cervix. This just totally cracked me up, especially since we caught it, we actually saw him do it! It still totally hurts, but I just can't help by laugh.
Second, raspberries. Or whatever you call them. He's very consistently head down, has been for at least a few months, and I swear, he blows raspberries against my uterine wall almost daily. Of course, I know there isn't air in there for him to actually do that. But that is the only way to describe what I feel. It is such an odd sensation. And it toally cracks me up.
My bladder has become a punching bag, and sometimes a pillow that apparently needs fluffing up. It's these moments where I really want to know, what are you doing down there?!? There was a good month where I'm pretty sure he was taking after one of aunts and training for the Olympics. There were definite combos, and they were strong hits! Who knows what he was learning in those moments. And then there's the 'pillow fluffing' where, I swear, he's found both sides of my bladder, and just starts punching like crazy. Thankfully it's just a quick movement and then he's done. But no matter how recently I've used the restroom, I have to make a beeline for one in those moments.
I'm just going to keep enjoying this little moments, despite how awkward or painful they can be at times. As soon enough I won't feel them any more, and who knows, I may even miss them.
Because I got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment