Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 16

Okay, since I can't keep up with doing a bunch of days at once (the post would be way too long), I'm going to do a smaller post for each day Parker's here. Expect a lot of backdated posts in the near future! I guess it's moreso me trying to keep good record of our NICU journey.
Every day has been such a huge step forward!
Today is Sunday, March 30th, and Parker is now 16 days old. He had just one more nipple feed to do to pass Phase I of his feeding pathway, and I was so anxious to catch the right feeding time. But he did it! Only left a few mLs in the bottle. He's becoming such a good eater!
The nurse today commented on how many expressions he makes, which she also said isn't very common for his age. I've noticed that, when he's finished eating, he makes this really worried face, scrunching up his eyebrows.


Of course I just can't take enough pictures! Every day. Even if nothing's changed or looking different at all. I'm totally one of those moms, and I don't care! We even did a mini photo shoot with a March of Dimes volunteer photographer this morning, including Korbin Bear. Those pictures will be so great to see in a couple of weeks!
Since Parker's really only just needing to eat well enough to keep gaining weight, Ry put the car seat in today too. 


Despite Parker being here, and everything we're doing for him, this still feels unreal. I mean, we go home each day and continue on like before he was here. Making dinner, cleaning, paying bills, working (well, just Ry is working right now). The only difference at home is that I keep pumping every few hours. I just can't wait to bring him home!
Because we got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment