Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Taking it all in

Life gets hectic. And with the craziness comes that exhausted, overwhelmed feeling, with nerves slightly fried. Trying to squeeze so much into one day, I find myself forgetting that there's this amazing little person who is changing every day.
I realized last week that P is turning one soon, and I won't have my little baby any more. I will have this adorable just-about-toddler, but the baby days are quickly slipping away. Last week my one day of just P and me was suddenly full with something that had to be done sooner than later. With everything organized, including leaving P in daycare for the day, I found myself near tears that I'd be missing another day with my little man. That we only have so many Fridays left before he's one. Daycare was canceled, and we spent Friday together, busy as it was. We at least had time together!
So much is still happening day to day. From planning Ps first birthday perty at our home, to final touches on our nearly complete bathroom remodel, to crafty art projects, making dinner and washing diapers and deciding what foods to send with P to daycare the next day and laundry and thinking about this blog and wishing I could get to it more often.
Today I started to get caught up in all of the above things, until I realized P was doing his best to speed crawl behind me and keep up with me as I raced around the house. He just needed me.
He nursed, and fell asleep in my arms, and all I could do was hold him close and smile at this beautiful little being, who's ot so little any more!
I miss my baby (babies, really), but I love love LOVE seeing who P is becoming. And so I'm forcing the slow down moments to take it all in.
Because I got a lotta love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment