Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Welcome Baby Scherschel!!

I'm an auntie again! This time to an adorable and tiny little girl. I am so in love with my little niece!
She surprised us all, coming at 35 weeks and 3 days instead of past due as expected. What's with us Gaulke/Nelson girls and preterm birth?! Baby, mom and dad are all doing well, thankfully, and should be home soon to settle in to their new life together.
I'm internally being the typical big sister who knows just what she needs to do to get her milk in and pump and be successful at breastfeeding (I was up ALL night, just tossing and turning, hoping and stressing that it all goes just as she wants/ needs it to for her new little bundle of joy). But, like I said, internally. She will do what she needs to do for her baby, and if she wants to ask me a question, yay! But otherwise I'll zip my lips, because it can be such a stressful relationship at first. I just want it to be perfect for her! I want baby to be perfectly healthy and home and safe in their arms! I really do worry too much.
But my heart is just bursting with emotion for them!
Because I got a lotta love to give.

1 comment:

  1. Baby Olivia is so blessed to have such a special auntie in her life! She can't wait to meet you. We love you!

    ReplyDelete